Don’t these look good? This is such a neat idea and I can’t wait to try it. I found the Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats recipe on Kellogg’s Rice Krispies website. Here’s the quick on how to make these at home for your kiddos.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- - OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
- 12 Plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
How To Do It:
- Coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows & stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal & stir until well coated.
- Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half.
- Remove from molds & place on wax paper.
- Put about 6 M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg.
- Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
- Decorate with frosting and additional M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies.