It’s week 2 of the Meal Maker Challenge! This week we were asked to feature Hebrew National Hot Dogs in our recipe.
I searched and searched for a unique recipe to bring to you but I mean realistically what all can you do with a dog? Don’t get me wrong, there were some very creative dishes out there just none I or my family would digest. I guess I should’ve mentioned we are not hot dog people.
I found the following recipe and knew this would go over well with the crew. Simple in appearance but busting with flavor!
If you enjoy this recipe please vote for it HERE. Thanks!
Beer-tastic Dogs adapted from this recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups drained sauerkraut
- 20oz of dark beer (like Shiner)
- 1 T dark brown sugar
- 8 hebrew National Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
How to do it:
- Simmer sauerkraut, beer, and sugar in large skillet over medium-high heat for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add hot dogs and simmer until hot dogs are plump and beer syrup coats lightly.
- Throw dogs to the grill. Save beer syrup.
- Grill buns and stuff with dogs & sauerkraut.
- Add syrup &/or mustard for additional yumminess!